Sunday, April 7, 2013

#19

The Lioness and The Lamb

Remember when I was a Lioness and you were a shy Lamb?
I had all the assertiveness and power; a blinding confidence.
You had all the charm and understanding; a refreshing mystery.
Throughout this time together you have softened me;
I now can feel the crawling vulnerability.
My mind wanders daily. My stubbornness constantly trying 
to steer the ship away from useless curiosity.
When drifting into a raging storm of insecurity,
I feel the transition into a frightened kitten.
I must not let these times settle into standard.
The shy lamb is harmless, a source of open shelter.
We are supporting counterparts to the others' shortcomings.
Pushing conflicted imagination aside I realize...
I am that same Lioness who just fell in love with the shy Lamb.

No comments:

Post a Comment